How To Design With Your User’s Needs & Expectations In Mind
What to expect:
- A short introduction to UX (what is UX and the importance of it), some examples of bad UX, and the never-ending battle between UX and UI
- UX designers: What do they do, process of UX design
- Usability testing, evaluation tools, principals and methods
- Nielsen's heuristics evaluation (the 10 usability heuristics)
- The process behind the heuristic evaluation
- Lots of examples!
The guidelines I will be presenting are general rules of thumb and will mostly be applicable to any web and mobile application with some exceptions.
As I mentioned in my presentation: "Always use your judgment to implement these principles or any other UX practices by keeping yourself in end user’s shoes."
My talk will be more focused on mobile/web applications rather than on physical products.